Citizen Code is looking to hire great people with software, product, and people skills. We’re looking to bring new voices to the table as we help clients decide what to build, learn how to experiment with new ideas as they grow, and maintain easy-to-use, easy-to-scale software.
We’re a small, all-remote team. We put in time to get to know each other and remain tight despite the geographical barriers. We believe in experimenting and listening above all else. We work no more than eight hours a day, we communicate with each other about what we need, and we are honest about what we can provide.
We care about long-term sustainability, which means we actively seek clients working in that space—be it ecological or cultural. Examples of recent mission-aligned work: COASST, The Second Shift, Q Card Project.
Anywhere, 9AM-6PM PT
4 days minimum per week
We’re looking to add another developer to our team, either as an employee or a contractor. We are currently working on Ruby/Rails and Node/React projects so experience with one or both of them is required. Elixir/Phoenix interest or experience is a plus.
You can either work remotely or in our office in San Francisco (or both).
- You have experience with Agile, TDD, and pair programming.
- You have strong experience with Node/React and/or Ruby/Rails.
- You are willing to teach, and to learn.
- When necessary, you are willing to switch hats to use your other skills.
- You value a sustainable lifestyle and want to contribute to building a long-term community.
- You have a desire to remain empathetic to your stakeholders and to learn new domains when needed.